Magento extension, merchandising catalog, will help you from your Magento administration to sort your products categories according to their display order.
- - Update Product position in category using Drag-and-Drop user interface + Muliselect (Ctrl+Left mouse click)
- - Search and Add produtcs to category!!
- - Update Status of the Product in Category!
- - Navigate to Edit page of the Product from Category.
- - Quick Edit Product. Now you can change from Category the attributes of the product, such as "Product Name", "SKU", "Price", "Special Price", "Short Description"
- - Delete Products from the Category with just one click!
- - Allows emulate Frontend Grid interface (with option "Merchandising Column Count" you can set column count for Merchandising which used on frontend. With option "Merchandising Sort Direction" can be set the sort direction for Merchandising, which used on frontend)
- - Very fast saving
- - you can still use Magento's default sorting mechanism.
How it works:
- - Navigate to 'System'->'Configuration'->'Catalog'->'Frontend' and just make sure that default sort order is "Best Value" (option: "Product Listing Sort by")
- - Then navigate to 'Catalog'->'Manage Categories'->' Merchandising' tab
- - Drag and drop a product into new position
- - Done! The products will update in their new position and numbering system.
Question & Answer:
Q: why it does not work properly on our site?
A: to work properly, default category sort order must be "Best Value". Please see option "Product Listing Sort by" (System->Settings->Catalog->Catalog->Frontend)
Q: what does option "Merchandising Sort Direction" mean?
A: you can set sort direction to Merchandising which is used on frontend.